TET VOLUME 7 NUMBER 2
Teaching English Today
A project of the English Academy of Southern Africa
We are pleased to bring you the second issue of TET for 2017.
- We have edited contributions but have tried to retain the flavour and style of the originals.
- The Academy does not necessarily endorse the views expressed by individual authors.
Many thanks to those who responded to our call for contributions.
Our next issue is scheduled to go online in April 2018. We once again invite teachers, teacher trainers, departmental officials, personnel at English-related organizations and other educationists to
- Send in suggestions / issues that you would like to have featured.
- Submit articles on aspects of teaching English in schools (both practical and theoretical), teaching tips (which can be anything from 50 – 500 words), information about teaching resources, for publication. We offer an award of R400 for the best article and R250 for the best teaching tip, provided they meet our minimum criteria of accuracy, readability and value for English teachers.
- Give us news about related organizations and advertisements for courses, seminars, etc. These we will publish free of charge.
We will consider a ‘prize’ of R400 for the best article / teaching tip if it meets the minimum criteria of good value for teachers and readability. (Congratulations to Bernice Borain of Maritzburg College for her note on teaching Tsotsi.)
You are also welcome to send us articles on English teaching which you have come across which we could share with others.
Please send these at any time – but not later than 20 March 2018 – to the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Dr) Malcolm Venter: Editor
SCROLL DOWN FOR THIS ISSUE OF TET and click on the titles.
TOTSI THE NOVEL (Power Point)
TET VOLUME 7 NUMBER 2
- TET VOLUME 9 NUMBER 2, 6 November 2019 November 6, 2019
- TET VOLUME 9 NUMBER 1, 6 MAY 2019 May 6, 2019
- TET VOLUME 8 NUMBER 2 NOVEMBER 2018 November 12, 2018
- TET VOLUME 8 NUMBER 1 July 21, 2018
- TET VOLUME 7 NUMBER 2 November 13, 2017
- TET VOLUME 7 NUMBER 1 April 5, 2017
- TET VOLUME 6 NUMBER 2 November 3, 2016
- TET IS BACK! April 19, 2016
- Welcome to the Summer 2012 Edition of TET November 16, 2012
- Teaching English punctuation November 16, 2012
- The very model of an amateur grammarian November 16, 2012
- Ill-disciplined teachers: The training of English teachers November 16, 2012
- Improving writing skills November 16, 2012
- Revisiting feedback to learner writing November 16, 2012
- Stagefright: Teaching Shakespeare as drama November 16, 2012