The Editor is Dr Malcolm Venter, MA & PhD (English Linguistics) (Rhodes University). He taught high school English for 37 years and was the founder principal of Edgemead High School (1986-2007). He is the National Chairperson of the SA Council for English Education and a member of the National Executive Committee of the English Academy of Southern Africa. He has authored, co-authored and compiled a number of books, including language textbooks and literary anthologies, and has published a wide range of articles on English teaching and education. He was the founder of the National English Olympiad, which he coordinated for 25 years. In 2002, he received the English Academy Gold Medal Award (the Academy’s highest award) for services to English in South Africa.
Since his retirement from teaching, Malcolm has continued to edit a teachers’ journal, has been involved in Whole-School Evaluations and is currently a part-time lecturer in the Faculty of Education at Stellenbosch University, where he is involved in training the post-graduate English-method students.
After a lifetime involvement with the English language, he regards himself as privileged to be given the opportunity to launch Teaching English Today for the English Academy.
- TET VOLUME 7 NUMBER 1 April 5, 2017
- TET VOLUME 6 NUMBER 2 November 3, 2016
- TET IS BACK! April 19, 2016
- Welcome to the Summer 2012 Edition of TET November 16, 2012
- Teaching English punctuation November 16, 2012
- The very model of an amateur grammarian November 16, 2012
- Ill-disciplined teachers: The training of English teachers November 16, 2012
- Improving writing skills November 16, 2012
- Revisiting feedback to learner writing November 16, 2012
- Stagefright: Teaching Shakespeare as drama November 16, 2012
- ‘On the move’ – a discussion of Thom Gunn’s poem November 16, 2012
- It’s what you learn! November 16, 2012
- South Africa’s Education Crisis: A review November 16, 2012
- Children’s literature November 16, 2012
- Grade 12 Exam paper November 16, 2012