TET VOLUME 6 NUMBER 2
Teaching English Today
A project of the English Academy of Southern Africa
We are pleased to bring you the second issue of TET for 2016.
- We have edited contributions but have tried to retain the flavor and style of the originals.
- The Academy does not necessarily endorse the views expressed by individual authors.
Many thanks to those who responded to our call for contributions.
Our next issue is scheduled to go online in April 2017. We once again invite teachers, teacher trainers, departmental officials, personnel at English-related organizations and other educationists to
- Send in suggestions / issues that you would like to have featured.
- Submit articles on aspects of teaching English in schools (both practical and theoretical), teaching tips (which can be anything from 50 – 500 words), information about teaching resources, for publication. We offer an award of R400 for the best article and R250 for the best teaching tip, provided they meet our minimum criteria of accuracy, readability and value for English teachers.
- Give us news about related organizations and advertisements for courses, seminars, etc. These we will publish free of charge.
We will consider a ‘prize’ of R400 for the best article / teaching tip if it meets the minimum criteria of good value for teachers and readability.
You are also welcome to send us articles on English teaching which you have come across which we could share with others.
Please send these at any time – but not later than 31 March 2017 – to the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Dr) Malcolm Venter
SCROLL DOWN TO FIND THE ARTICLES.
Each time click on the PDF (nderlined) title of the article. Then click on the reverse button (top left) to return to the index.
ENGLISH ALIVE: An anthology of high school writing
DID YOU KNOW?
READING AND WRITING
The Picture of Dorian Gray:
The life of Pi: